In this article, we will discuss how we can block someone on Telegram. Then, without wasting time, let’s get to work.
If someone is harassing you on Telegram and you want them to stop sending you messages or trying to contact you, it’s best to block them. Blocking means that he can no longer contact you, that he cannot send you a message in Telegram Messenger.
Steps for Android smartphone: How to block someone on the Telegram
- Open the Telegram application on your Android smartphone.
- Press the 3-line icon ☰ in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Open the Configuration menu item.
- Select optionPrivacy and security in the menu.
- You will see the option Block Users Under Privacy Settings.
- You can now block everyone in your Telegram contact list, click Add in the upper right corner, and select the contact you want to block.
Steps for iOS smartphone: How to block someone on the Telegram
- Open the Telegram application on your iPhone.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see an option called Chat. Click on this option.
- Click on the chat of the person you want to block.
- Click on the image in the person’s profile.
- The red link at the bottom of the Lock as User menu.
- Click on it and the person will be blocked from your site,
Steps for Windows and Mac: How to block someone on the Telegram
- Open Telegram app on PC or Mac, it is located in the Applications folder on Mac and in the menu of the PC window.
- Open the contacts in the Telegram application and click contact block. Your contacts are displayed in the left column.
- Pressure pin for the block. Your contacts are displayed in the left column.
- Click on Lock User, a pop-up menu will appear. This user can no longer contact you via Telegram.
- Press the confirm button (ok) to lock it.
So this whole thing was a step towards blocking someone from Telegram.
Reason for blocking persons
- There can be numerous reasons to block someone from Telegram, including the following:-.
- They write cruel, angry or particularly sarcastic reactions, remarks and/or answers that may be the main reason someone is Telegraming.
- They may be crooks trying to cheat on you, in which case you can stop them.
- One of the reasons may be that you don’t want him in your Telegram is because of his annoying behavior.
- If he violates the rules of the Telegram Group discussion, you can block him immediately.
Blocking someone does three things:-
- You will no longer receive notification of their direct messages.
- You cannot see the image on the screen (icon).
- You can’t see your status online.
What happens if I block a person by Telegram?
- You will no longer be able to see the photo of your face and the person blocked will no longer be able to see your photo and online status.
- If you send him a message, he stops at a single tap, he never receives the message.
- You should never invite someone who’s stuck in a group.
- You can always see their messages in the group chat and their recruitment status – and they can see yours.
To unlock locked contacts
If you know how to block someone on Telegram, you should also know how to unblock them for future use.
To unlock locked contacts, simply follow these steps:-.
- Open the request for Telegram.
- Main Menu.
- Go to parameter .
- Open the Privacy and Security option.
- Select locked users and open it.
- Select the user name you want to unlock.
- Press the Unlock option.
- And Done.
The Telegram application is used as a messenger for sending and receiving data such as text, images, videos and other files. It was launched in August 2013 by brothers Nikolai and Pavel Durov, creators of Russia’s largest social network, the VK. Telegram is a not-for-profit company based in Berlin, Germany.
The 13th. In April 2018, the Russian government decided to block the Telegram because it refused to grant the Federal Security Service (FSB) access to the encryption keys needed to view users’ messages, as required by the Federal Anti-Terrorism Act. Still, the Russians try to use it with proxy servers.
Telegram has been launched for multiple platforms such as Google Android, Apple iOS, Windows Phone, MS Windows, Linux, OS X, with multiple languages (Arabic, English, Spanish, German, Italian, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal)).
Telegram currently has more than 2oo million active users per month in 84 countries, including about 40 million users in India, making it the largest user group.
The Telegram is growing every day at a very fast pace and continues to exist among the most popular applications, and the day is not so far away when it will rise to the top of messaging applications, all because of its unusual features, some of which are: –
- Night Mode.
You can choose between two options: automatic and programmed. When you select automatic mode, it is activated according to the ambient light. Intimed mode, night mode starts at the time you set. You can also select the percentage of ambient light from which the automatic night mode should be activated.
- Proxy server:
If you are more concerned about your online safety, Telegram allows you to use a proxy server that can help protect your information or use the application in countries such as Russia where Telegram is banned. This way, if you use one of the Telegram channels, you won’t have any problems downloading.
- Muting contacts and groups:
If you’ve gone a bit overboard with the Telegrams and you’ve joined a few too many groups and channels, like. B. Books, movies, web series, etc., and too many notifications bother you, you can always turn them off without skipping them. It’s a great feature for those who don’t want to miss anything but just want their peace of mind.
- Configure your Telegram:
The Telegram application is also customizable, you can create and activate your own theme. Not only can you customize the theme of the application, but there are many ways to change it and make your Telegram look exactly the way you want it to.
If you want to create your own theme, go to Settings – Theme and click Create New Theme. You can paint it and customize various elements until you get the look you want. For those who do not want to take the time to make their own theme, there is a possibility to search for themes already made. Click the Search icon and search for topics that already exist in Telegram.
You can also customize the background image of the chat. To do this, go to the settings for mode Background chat.
- Automatic night mode :
The Telegram also has an automatic night mode that you can use at night. When you turn on the Telegram application, it automatically switches to dark mode. To activate the automatic night mode, open the Telegram application and then go to Settings – Topics and click Automatic.
- Secret chat function:
There are many features, but the best one, or the one I personally like, is the secret chat feature, because it is end-to-end encrypted, which makes data sharing on Telegram more secure.